Almost every one of my clients has clothes in their closets and bureaus that do not fit. I always advise them to "only keep out the clothes that fit you now".
There is nothing more discouraging than looking at clothes that you love, but can not wear because they are too small and do not fit.
And, for all those clothes that are too big because you lost weight, it is time to donate them. You do not want to wear them again.
Here are 5 simple tips to help you simplify and have a wardrobe that fits you...
1. Donate any item that you will never wear again because it is outdated, you never liked it, or you never wore it.
2. Throw out any torn, worn or stained items.
3. Get a clear plastic bin and store any smaller items that do not fit now, if you love them, they are still in style and in good shape.
4. Go through your shoes and choose what to keep, trash, or donate.
5. Set up your closet with like things hanging together….dresses, skirts, pants, jackets, suits, long sleeve shirts, short sleeve shirts, etc.
This will make getting dressed easier and you will see more outfit options.