Everyone loves homemade cookies!
I have a very popular gift that I like to make for friends and family. I mix up a batch of dough for my famous chocolate chip cookies*, freeze the dough into balls and present a bag of them with a cookie sheet and a card.
This is a wonderful gift for a hostess, a birthday, or just to cheer up a friend.
4 Steps For A Simple and Thoughtful Gift:
1. Make a batch of dough from your favorite cookie recipe.
2. Roll the cookie dough into balls and freeze them. I place mine on wax paper and layer them on a plate. Immediately place them in the freezer.
3. Once frozen, place the cookies with the wax paper in a gallon size zip lock bag. Leave the bag in the freezer until you are ready to present your gift.
4. Put the bag of frozen cookie dough balls on a new cookie sheet, add a pretty bow, a note and cooking instructions.
What a delicious gift! Freshly baked cookies ready any time.
* I use the Original Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe .