Here’s a fresh recipe that’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
Many people don’t know what to do with tofu. I’ve decided to share with you one of my favorite ways to cook it. Tofu isn’t just a meat-replacer for vegetarians. It’s a delicious and light addition to any plate. Here I’ve combined it with shrimp and veggies for a filling, healthy dish.
You will need…
- Tofu, Extra Firm
- Cherry tomato
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Hot pepper flakes
Step 1. Prepare your ingredients.
· Chop the tofu into cubes, about 1” cubes
· Clean, shell and devein the shrimp
· Wash and cut the asparagus into small pieces, about 2” long
· Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut in half
Step 2. Heat a medium fry pan on medium-high with a little olive oil. Add in your ingredients, one at a time and cook as follows:
· Add asparagus; cook for about 4 minutes until firm. Lower heat to medium.
· Add shrimp; cook for about a minute until slightly pink. Flip and cook for another minute.
· Add tofu, cherry tomato halves, and some hot pepper flakes according to your taste. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the tomatoes get soft and the other flavors have infused the tofu.
Step 3. Serve on a pretty plate and place setting.
Finishing Options: After plating your meal, feel free to add balsamic vinegar or your favorite Asian or Spanish sauce. Make it your own and ENJOY this healthy, simple recipe!
Please feel free to share your variations of this recipe and a photo on our Facebook page!